• Fire Department of NDMC is an important department of New Delhi Municipal Council, essentially responsible for managing the fire and other emergencies arising in entire N.D.M.C. Territory. During the period January 2022 to December 2022 department attended 55 fires and rescue emergency calls to save the valuable life and property, No casualty of lost of lives has been occurred. However, 3 birds, 4 Monkey and 3 Cows were rescued in NDMC area.
• Fire Safety Guidelines have been displayed in all NDMC’s Schools, Housing/ Office Complexes, Markets, Hospitals/ Dispensaries, Barat Ghars and other buildings.
• After systematically audit/ inspection and verification of site for requisite fire and life safety measures by the Delhi Fire Service, Fire Safety Certificates from the Delhi Fire Service has been received for two newly constructed housing Complexes i.e. Amrit Kal Niwas, Aliganj & Amrit Mahotsav Parisar, Sector-7, Saket. Besides this, 50 Fire Safety Certificates of Schools and High Rise Buildings have also been issued by the DFS during 2022-23.
• All the NDMC Buildings i.e. Schools, Housing/ Office Complexes, Markets, Hospitals/ Dispensaries, Barat Ghars, Stadiums etc. are equipped with latest fire fighting system / equipments as per DFS Norms & NBC-Part-IV as under:-
• Sprinkler system.
• West riser/down comer system
• Underground static tank of various capacities
• Over head tank various capacities with suitable boosting arrangement i.e. Fire pumps etc.
• Fire extinguishers ISI marked.
• Automatic fire alarm and detection system.
• P.A. system.
• Exit way signage.
• Recently some of the old constructed NDMC buildings i.e. Lok Nayak Bhawan, Chanderlok Building, Palika Bhawan & Chankya Bhawan has been partially upgraded with the Sprinkler System for Automatic Fire Fighting and remaining portion shall be upgraded by the end of December, 2023.
• 02 number of Fire Control Rooms at Amrit Kal Niwas, Aliganj & Amrit Mahotsav Parisar, Sector-7, Saket have been established and are functional, increasing the number of Fire Control Room to 36 fire control rooms as on date.
• 02 Firemen have been promoted to the rank of Leading Firemen.
• Citizen Awareness has always been a priority of Fire Department of NDMC especially for school children. Any residential welfare association/school can write to Fire Department to fix up date for training/demonstration/ mock drill, etc. This is being organized free of charges.
• The following are the major activities conducted during the year:-
Mega Mock Drill was successfully conducted with the coordination of DDMA, NDRF, Delhi Fire Service & Delhi Police at the Headquarter of NDMC & N.P. Bengali School, Gole Market.
The fire demonstrations cum awareness programmes/Lectures were organized at 50 locations which include Ministries, Schools, Office, Commercials, Housing Complexes, public places, institutions and shopping complexes.
Every year Fire Service Week is being organized from 14 April to 20 April and a fire demonstration cum awareness programmes/Lectures also being organized in all NDMC area during this week.