Security Department started in 1982 during Asian Games to ensure proper security of stadia owned by the NDMC with the help of approx. 300 Security Guards and other Supervisory staff provided by a private Security Agency. After successful closing of the games, appreciations received from the press and Senior Government officers for security arrangements, the work was extended for other installations and the strength of security staff was increased up to 350.
Further, during April 1999, 250 Security Guards (Ex-Serviceman’s) were deployed through private security contractors - divided into 5 Group contracts i.e. A, B, C, D & E for better administrative control.
|» Schedule of Manpower for Security Services/Arrangements at NDMC Premises under group contracts A, B, D, E, F, G, H, J & K.|
|» Policy for Parking Sticker|
AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE SECURITY DEPARTMENT
AIM :- The Aim of Security Department is to ascertain and ensure Security Service of NDMC property where security guards have been deployed, who may be contractor guards or NDMC security guards.
OBJECTIVE:- Without objective we cannot achieve its success. Objective is always related to the goal of the organization. Objective of this department is to provide security services at its complex with prior approval of competent authority. Besides the above, department is providing security at its cash branches which is spread at various places in NDMC area with help of Delhi Police on payment basis in office hour. Department is also providing security services during annual function of Schools, Cultural function in Park/Gardens, V.I.P. visit i.e. Chief Minister and other Minister in NDMC area. Department having the good coordination with Delhi Police.
MISSION/ VISION:- The mission of department is to provide best security services and ensure about its success at high percentage level without any incidents. Vision of department is very high and its limit is only sky. For that purpose, department is getting cooperation, assistance with other related department on required basis. Security department is always ready to accept any un-eventual incident at any time as per its capacity. Department is ensuring Security for round the clock at its complex as per direction of authority and draw special attention where human life is involved.
BRIEF HISTORY:- Security Department started in 1982 during Asian Games to ensure proper security of stadia owned by the NDMC with the help of approx. 300 Security Guards and other Supervisory staff provided by a private Security Agency. After successful closing of the games, appreciations received from the press and Senior Government officers for security arrangements, the work was extended for other installations and the strength of security staff was increased up to 350.
Nonetheless; due to some litigation problem with the contractor the department engaged 75 Security Guards (on daily wages basis). This was not adequate, hence; in April 1999, 250 Security Guards (Ex-Servicemans) were deployed through private security contractors - divided into 5 Group contracts i.e. A, B, C, D & E for better administrative control.
Nonetheless; The Security and Traffic at various Office/Commercial complexes, Hospitals, Electric Sub-Stations and Park & Gardens are being looked after by Security Department. Presently, 1099 Security Guards/Supervisors are deployed at 179 locations divided into nine Groups i.e. ‘A’ to ‘H’ & J’. Further; Tenders for a new Group ‘K’ covering all NDMC Schools (i.e. 110 Security Personnel at 43 locations) is soon going to be awarded.
Nonetheless; Moreover; Gunmen and Delhi Armed Police Personnel are deployed at Cash Branch/Counters where huge transaction of cash/cheque from NDMC to Bank and vice versa take place. Besides, the management of Central Control Room and Palika Parking are also being looked after by this department. NDMC receives around ` one crore per annum from Palika Parking.
Functions & Responsibilities:
• To ensure Safety, Security and Regulation & Parking of vehicles within NDMC Premises.
• Security of Cash Collection Centers at various Citizen Facilitation Centre's (CFCs) – by deploying Gunmen and Delhi Armed Police Personnel.
• Monitoring – CCTV Control Rooms at Palika Kendra, NDCC Phase-II & Palika Parking.
• Keeping X-Ray Baggage Inspection System operational through Technical Officers (presently on contract) at NDCC, Palika Kendra and Palika Bazar .
• Security arrangement during –
– ‘Music in the Park’ – Nehru Park.
– Annual Function of Schools, Closing function of Summer Training Workshop .
– NDMC Functions like tree plantation drive, inauguration of ESS, Barat Ghars, Foot Over Bridges (FOBs), Porta Cabins etc. in which VIPs are invited..
– Any kind of protest/dharna/demonstration at NDMC Headquarters.
• Issuance of Photo Identity Cards to all categories of NDMC Employees and Parking Stickers (valid in NDMC Parking lots).
• Working in close co-ordination with .
– Enforcement Department to prevent & remove encroachments.
– Fire Department to prevent/control any kind of fire and during evacuation drill..
– Electric/Health Department during recruitment/interviews/Pulse Polio Drive etc. .