The Birth/Death application form duly filled by the head of the family or relative etc., Form is available at :
- International Inoculation Center (HQ) Mandir Marg/ PalikaSuvidha Kendra/ Other Concerned Areas of Birth and Death Centers.
- At Counter - 1, Centralized Receipt Branch (CRB), Ground Floor, Palika Kendra, Sansad Marg, New Delhi.
- On the NDMC Website:
www.ndmc.gov.in-> Citizen Services -> Birth & Death
To get Birth or Death Certificate, one can submit the prescribed application at:
- i) For event more than 1 yr old
International Inoculation Centre (HQ) Birth and Death Centre, Mandir Marg.
- ii) For current year certificate
- Palika Suvidha Kendra, 48 Babar Road , New Delhi(Kalawati saran, NRCH, Babar Road, Bangali Market, Princess Park etc.)
- Palika Suvidha Kendra Palika Bhavan,R.K Puram,Safdarjang Hospital,New Delhi(SJH, AIIMS, PMH, Home B & D)
- SBS Place (Gole Market and nearby NDMC area, L.H.M.C Hospital & R.M.L Hospital,New Delhi.
- Charak Palika Hospital, MotiBagh,New Delhi.(For Current Home & Hospital Data, Motibagh, Sardar Patel, North & South Anveue, Ashoka Hotal, Netaji Nagar etc.).
- Maternity Hospital, Lodhi Road,New Delhi.(PMH/nearby home data)Zone-8 SI office
- Kidwai Nagar, New Delhi.(AIIMS, Kidwai Nagar, Laxmi Bai Nagar, Ansari Nagar)
- Sarojini Nagar Center,(Shanti Aavedna Hospital & Trauma Centre A.I.I.M.S, sarojini Nagar New Delhi.
It generally takes 4 to 7 working days.
The fees structure of Birth/Death Certificate is:
- Within 21 days of the occurrence of Birth/Death - There will be no fees for registration of Birth/Death. First free copy will be provided by the Hospital.
- After 21 days to 30 days of the occurrence of Birth/Death - Rs. 7/- will be charged as a late fee.
- After 30 days to within 1 year of the occurrence of Birth/Death - Rs. 10/- will be charged as a late fee.
- After 1 year of the occurrence of Birth/Death - SDM Order from local area + Rs. 15/- will be charged as a late fee.
- To register name in Birth Certificate, Rs. 10/- will be charged.
- For Birth Certificate, Rs. 20/- will be charged for one copy as a fee.
- For Death Certificate, Rs. 10/- will be charged for one copy as a fee.
- To Search any old record, Rs. 7/- will be charged as a fee.
If the Birth and Death is not recorded within one year of Birth and Death, you can contact the place of Birth and Death for registration of the event. Registrar Office can also be contacted.
A. INSTITUTIONAL BIRTH/DEATH
A correction letter is required from Medical Record Officer of concerned hospital/institution, where birth/death event occurred along with supporting documents for events, of less than 10yr old.
B. NON-INSTITUTIONAL BIRTH/DEATH
For Birth & Death event > 10 yr old
i) Affidavit stamp paper on Rs.10/- duly attested by SDM/Notary public having subject correction of birth/death events.
ii) Supporting document like Passport, Ration Card, Voter Identity Card, 10th class certificate, cremation receipt etc.