Depend upon the requirement:
Light Pruning = 03 days.
Heavy pruning = Pruning to be done within 30 days after receiving of permission from Forest Department Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
NDMC can do only light pruning up to 20cm to remove overgrown branches from street lights, traffic lights, signage and to balance a tree.
Deputy Conservator of Forest (DCF)-South, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Near Karni Singh Shooting Range, Tughlakabad, New Delhi
Yes, Form-B is prescribed form that available at the website. Online application for tree Felling/Pruning can be submitted at http://delhi.gov.in
It depends upon the survey/inspection of Forest Officers as permission will be given by Forest Department.
DCF (South), Forest Department, GNCTD, Delhi, Delhi Police/Concerned Horticulture Department, subject to jurisdiction.
For Government property, one needs to contact Municipal Authority. And, in case of private property, owner is responsible for the removal of the same.
The action will be taken by Forest Department/Police under Tree Preservation Act-1994.
Depends upon space, species of tree to be planted and length of road.
Horticulture Department of NDMC undertakes following activities: -
- Maintenance of lawn - Grassing, watering, weeding, mowing, manuring, removal of horticultural waste etc.
- Plantation & Maintenance of Shrubs - Preparation of beds, plantation, watering, weeding, hoeing, shaping etc.
- Plantation & Maintenance of Trees - Digging of pits, filling with mixture, plantation, watering, hoeing, protection with tree guard, shaping etc.
- Maintenance of Hedges, Edges, Topiaries, Features etc.
- Plantation with themes for welfare and recreation of public and to provide healthy environment viz. Herbal Corner, Butterfly Section, Fragrant Corner, Yoga Corner.
- Sowing and maintenance of seasonal flowers - Preparation of seedlings, transplantation, weeding, watering, hoeing, pinching, disbudding, time to time gap filling etc.
- Preparation of Plant Material - Collection of seed/cuttings, preparation of mixture, filling of P. Bags/pots, treating with root hormones, plantation, air layering, watering, potting, re-potting, preparation of potted plants for participation in various flower shows and display purposes, time to time treatment with fungicides, insecticides etc.
- Disaster Management - Immediate disposal of uprooted trees/broken branches during heavy winds/squalls.
- Pruning of Trees - Removal of branches from Street Light, Traffic Signals, Signage and pruning up to permissible limits for balancing the tree.
- Time to time inspection and treatment of greenery with fungicides, insecticides, filling with cavity.
- Preparation of proposals, supervision and execution of various development works.
- Floral Decoration on various occasions like Independence Day, Republic Day, Gandhi Jayanti, New Year and during visits of various international dignitaries including premiers of different countries.
Horticulture Department maintains 1354-acre area.
Disposal of complaints received from various sites by treating the ailing trees/plants, surgery of hollow trees, washing of avenue trees under whole NDMC area.