Council Secretariat was established in the year 1995 to Coordinate all important meetings, preparing answers to Parliament /Assembly Questions and Coordinate the inter Departmental issues, and for organizing Council Meeting. Council Secretariat prepares Action Taken Report (ATR) and Monthly reports and send the same to various offices, after consolidating reports of different departments. It also looks after the work relating to Annual Administrative Report, issues regarding constitution of NDMC, Meetings of Zonal Officers.
At least one meeting of the Council is required to be arranged every month under Section 9 of the NDMC Act. The Council Secretariat Department notifies the date, as approved by the Chairperson, prepares and issues Agenda, compiles the minutes and circulates the same to the Members. After the minutes are confirmed in the next meeting of the Council, Resolutions are circulated to all concerned HODs for taking further necessary action. A copy is also sent to the Secretary to the Lt. Governor/Administrator for information u/s 31 of NDMC Act, 1994.
Aims, objective and Mission/Vision of the organization as under:-
* To ensure prompt and timely reply of Parliament/Assembly questions.
* To ensure timely submission of consolidated ATR/Monthly report and status of VIP References.
* All Council related works like.
1. Preparation of the Agenda for the Council Meetings.
2. Recording of minutes the Council Meetings.
3. Issuing of Minutes of the Council meetings.
4. Arranging Meetings of Sub-Committee under Section 9 of NDMC Act.
5. Meetings of the Empowered Committee, etc.
For more information, please refer to Department’s Chapter under RTI Head.